The world football governing body on Friday lifted the ban placed on Nigeria following the vacation of the court order that restrained Nigeria Football Federation president Aminu Maigari and the NFF Executive Committee from managing Nigerian football.
FIFA clamped down on Nigeria on July 9 after a High Court in Jos, Plateau State granted the prayer of Nembe City chairperson Mrs. Ebiakpo Baribote to restrain the NFF officials and the NFF Congress from taking charge of football in the country.
In the aftermath, Minister of Sports, Tamuno Danagogo, appointed a civil servant Lawrence Katken to act as NFF secretary, a situation FIFA interpreted as government interference which attracted the ban.
The suspension claimed its first victim in Linus Mba, a FIFA referees advisor and consultant to the NFF on refereeing, on Tuesday when he was replaced by CAF in an international game.
Mba was earlier appointed as the Match Commissioner for the Sierra Leone versus Seychelles African Cup of Nations qualifier in Freetown on July 19 before he was asked to stay away from the game.
FIFA Secretary General, Jerome Valcke, on Friday addressed a letter to the NFF president, saying the ban had been lifted.
The letter title ‘Lifting of the suspension of the Nigeria Football Federation,’ stated that FIFA received the correspondence of July 17 from the NFF and was satisfied that Nigeria had complied with its demands for reinstatement into international football.
“Since the conditions set by the FIFA Emergency Committee on July 9 have been met, the suspension of the Nigeria Football Federation is lifted with immediate effect. The lifting of the suspension means that all of NFF’s membership rights have been reinstated, as defined in Art. 12 of FIFA Statutes,” the letter read.
“The NFF is therefore entitled to take part again in international competitions and to benefit from all programs which were suspended.”
The NFF said the lifting of the suspension would mean preparing the junior national teams for their respective international engagements.
“The NFF has stepped up arrangements to ensure that the U-20 national women’s team, Falconets, travel to Moncton, Canada next week for a final training camp ahead of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup taking place in the same country, and for the U-17 boys (Golden Eaglets) to fly to Democratic Republic of Congo for a 2015 African U-17 Championship qualifier on July 27,” NFF media officer, Ademola Olajire, said in a release on Friday.
Meanwhile, Saturday PUNCH has learnt that the board of the NFF has decided to maintain the status quo until elections hold in August
Some members of the board said it would keep faith in Maigari as NFF president after resolving issues troubling the football organisation on Friday.
According to Goal, 12 members of the board met in Abuja to discuss the situation surrounding the suspension of the country from international football by FIFA.
In a statement by head of media Emeka Inyamah after the meeting, they said that all was well with the body and they welcomed the return of Maigari as president of the federation.
They also agreed to reach out to all aggrieved parties in order to put their house in order ahead of the general elections slated for August 26.
Posted From iProdigy Group Nigeria(Dabibi Ori-ibim’s Blog).
BBM Pin: 75BA8BA6
BBM PIN2: 263CB444
Send Your Stories,Reports And Breaking News To email@example.com